Location: Williamsville, New York
Mr. Pope began his law practice in the City of Lockport, New York after being awarded his law degree from the South Texas College of Law Houston in 1979. Before that he was awarded his bachelor’s degree from New York State University College at Buffalo in 1979.
In 1979 until 1983, he started his legal career as an attorney in association with the Sacca and Sacca. Thereafter, he joined as a partner in the Grove, Hogan, Hogan, Douglas and Pope. In 1988, he formed his own law firm, Gregory A. Pope and Associates and in 2003 the firm became a professional corporation now known as the Pope Law Firm, PLLC. It provides legal services throughout Western New York’s eight counties, with a majority of its clients located in Erie and Niagara County. The firm handles a wide range of legal areas including: Wills and Trust, Estate Planning and Probate, Elder Law, Real Estate, Bankruptcy, Business, Criminal Defense, Family Law/Divorce, Worker’s Compensation, Social Security/Disability and Personal Injury.
With an ever expanding client base of individuals and businesses, Pope Law Firm, PLLC uses the most sophisticated and advanced legal information systems available while at the same time delivering legal services to its clients on a one-to-one basis.
Mr. Pope continues to serve as managing attorney to the law firm, bringing with him over 40 years of experience. He is a member of the following professional and bar associations: American Bar Association, New York Bar Association, Erie County Bar Association, Niagara County Bar Association, and the New York State Trial Lawyers Association.
He is a frequent lecturer to business, college and other community organizations on business formation and estate planning matters some of which include various local Knights of Columbus Councils, Various Insurance Companies and Agencies, New York State Convention of Insurance Agents and local public volunteer speaking engagements throughout Erie and Niagara County.
He has served as an arbitrator for the courts of New York State and as an Administrative Hearing Officer to the State of New York.
Mr. Pope presently and in the past has been active in many civic organizations, serving as Chairman of the following boards in Western New York: Eastern Niagara Chamber of Commerce, Kenan Center Board of Governors, Niagara County Historical Society, Greater Lockport Jaycees and Our Lady of Fatima National Shrine.
Past Board directorships include the Niagara County Business Association, Boy Scout Exploring Council, as well as Big Brothers and Big Sisters.
He is married to Susan Pope and they have a daughter Nicole who is working on her law degree at the William and Mary Law School in Williamsburg, VA. He lives in Williamsville, New York and is a parishioner at St. Gregory the Great Catholic Church.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security/Disability
- Family Law
- Business Law
- Criminal Defense
- Worker's Compensation
- Real Estate
- New York, 1981
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court, 1981
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court, 1988
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1979
- State University College at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- B.A. - 1976
- Major: Political Science
- Business Formation and Estate Planning, DeSales Alumni
- Business Formation and Estate Planning, Knights of Columbus Members Meetings
- Business Formation and Estate Planning, Mass Mutual Insurance Agents
- Business Formation and Estate Planning, New York State Convention of Insurance Agents
- Estate Planning Seminars, Erie and Niagara County, Business Formation and Estate Planning
Honors and Awards
- Cert. of Honor, South Texas College of Law Student Bar Association
- Cert. of Honor, Services Rendered to Niagara Falls High School
- United Way Volunteer Award
- Cert. of Appreciation, Services Rendered to Juvenile Justice Program
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- Niagara County Bar Association, Member
- Lockport Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice
- Lockport Bar Association Legal Explorers, Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Judicature Society
Past Employment Positions
- Grove, Hogan, Hogan, Douglas and Pope, Attorney, 1983 to 1988
- Sacca and Sacca, Attorney, 1979 to 1983
- Town of Cambria Housing Authority, General Counsel, 1983 to 1997
- Niagara County Dept of Social Services, Assistant Attorney, 1983 to 1990
- Cold Spring Cemetery Association, Inc., General Counsel/Finance Chair, 2003-Present
- Lockport Cares, Inc. (Homeless Shelter NY NFP), General Counsel, 2007-present
- State of New York, Administrative Hearing Officer
- Courts of New York, Arbitrator
- Bank Mortgage Attorney - Lockport Saving Bank, First Niagara Bank and M&T Bank
Pro Bono Activities
- Eastern Niagara Chamber of Commerce, Chairman
- Kenan Center, Chairman
- Niagara County Historical Society, Chairman
- Greater Lockport Jaycees, Chairman
- Our Lady of Fatima National Shrine, Chairman
- Niagara County Business Association, Board Director
- Boy Scout Exploring Council, Board Director
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters, Board Director
- Lockport-Eastern Niagara Chamber of Commerce, Boy Scounts of America Lewiston Trail Council
- Niagara Falls Laws & Youth Program